Monday, August 25, 2008

My day today… may 4, 2008

Woke up feeling refreshed… but not so refreshed – I miss those times when I would wake up - opening my eyes and just lying there staring at the whitewashed environment – aglow with the pouring in of daylight. when was the last time I had that – ahhhh – six years ago – that feeling that is so light – that you just let seconds pass while your body starts to readjust into wakefulness. head lying cushioned on a soft pillow, legs astraddled on to another pillow, arms flexed touching the head pillow while continuously staring at the whiteness of the whole scenario. Alternative music softly being played in the background which would make you start to hum the tune and the transition from being asleep and into wakefulness is now complete.

I stood up…

Went to turn on the computer, checked my phone for any messages or missed calls – there were two missed calls and one message – all from michelle - my wife – saying good morning my love from your wife and daughter. felt good about it but put me back to latch on to the feeling that I missed them terribly before I hit the sack last night. dialed the phone and there was the voice on the other end of the line – happy excited voice – conversation was mainly on our daughter – how she fared the night before and the playful mood that she was in during the phone call.

Conversation was shifted between michelle and micah with her goo goo goo sound on the phone while michelle described how she was reacting to my voice. they have a long plan for the day – visit to the pool, to the dvd shop and a movie later on at the house – which I am excited to hear for I just installed a home theater system. that I made sure before I left here to my work base so that my wife could have something to appreciate in my absence (aside from the burden of caring for a fussing baby). Besides she had been commenting of the bad audio of the hdtv – which I bought also and had some hassle at the customs here in Cambodia (a story to tell by itself).

I myself have planned to just take the day easy.

Amazing how stories can intertwine and be connected – a good example is what happened just now when I started talking about my wife’s plan of watching a dvd movie, if left unchecked would have diverted me into continuing to talk about something else.

so, now the routine after waking up… need not elaborate on that.

Went to the kitchen and checked myself with some…. ops nothing… I don’t eat breakfast.

Hooked my phone to the computer and went on line. My day finally began


Postscript: The coke, cigarette and lighter photo is an accidental picture. Yeah - you have guessed it right. That's my breakfast. I consume at most five cans of diet coke a day. I am also a milk person. Not a coffee person. Cigarettes? that's random.


5 comments:

  1. not a coffee person? are you sure? e ang dami mo nang nainom na kape sa haus ko ah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can understand the coke. cigarette's random? uhummmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree with the ZB, you ARE a coke and coffee person. and cigarette's random? uhummmm

    ReplyDelete
  4. ay naloka na ang dami ko na yatang same comments...sorry

    ReplyDelete
  5. ey... ang taga mongolia - alive na alive... thanks for the comments... sa dami ng napost ko dito lang may comment? :-)

    ReplyDelete